Amanda's Friends Chat
LOG ON NOW......Hai
Amanda's Friends Chat
LOG ON NOW......Hai
Amanda's Friends Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Hi

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Weeeeeee

Annnnnd another reason people hate conservatives so much.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skye Phantom
Gerard Way Obsessor
Gerard Way Obsessor
Skye Phantom

Annnnnd another reason people hate conservatives so much. Empty
PostSubject: Annnnnd another reason people hate conservatives so much.   Annnnnd another reason people hate conservatives so much. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:24 pm

I hate Glen Beck. Always have. I agree with his political views, but really! This was taken from the My Chemical Romance Wikipedia page.

Proposed 'Propaganda'

On April 28 2011, US broadcaster Glenn Beck labelled the My Chemical Romance song SING as 'propaganda' after it was featured and covered on the US musical drama TV series Glee in February 2011. Beck stated "It's an anthem saying 'Join us'. How can you and I possibly win against that?" The lyrics that Beck pointed out where "Cleaned up corporation progress, dying in the process / Children that can talk about it living on the railways / People moving sideways / Sell it till your last days / Buy yourself the motivation / Generation nothing / Nothing but a dead scene / Product of a white dream" Many have stated that Beck has taken the song literally, despite it being set in a fictional, futuristic California. Gerard Way responded to the accusation on the band's official website. Way wrote "I think the word Glenn Beck was looking for was 'subversion' not 'propaganda', because I don't know what it would be considered propaganda for - truth? Sentiment?". He also claimed that he was 'shocked that no actual fact-checking was done on the lyrics'.

...EXCUSE ME?!?!

Since when is a song about standing up for yourself "propaganda"?! Conspiracy theorists like Beck just make everyone hate conservatives more. We really need to stop being so paranoid.
Back to top Go down

Annnnnd another reason people hate conservatives so much.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Amanda's Friends Chat :: Other Topics-
Jump to: